As per statista third quarter of 2012 ipad held a 56.7 percent share of the global tablet market. Apple was the first company to release a modern version of the tablet computer, thus explaining the market share of 94.3 in the second quarter of 2010. Since then, other companies have struggled to produce products that could effectively compete. While the market has expanded as a greater range of products have been released, Apple clearly remains the market leader.
Some other interesting facts about the iPad
- Over 25 million iPads have been sold in 14 months
- More than 15 million iPad 2’s have been sold since March 2011.
- Apple’s iPad is expected to take 83% of the tablet market in the U.S. in 2011
- Over 14 billion apps have been downloaded since the App Store opened 10 July 2008 (less than 3 years ago) with iPad app downloads, estimated at 10% of daily downloads.
- There are over 65,000 apps for the iPad app of the total database of over 500,000 apps in the Apple Store
- The top 3 Free iPad apps are SoundHound, Stick Wars and Flight Rack
- The top 3 Free iPad apps are SoundHound, Stick Wars and Fligh track
- The average iPad and iPhone user has downloaded more than 60 apps
- Average iPad and iPhone user has downloaded more than 60 apps
- 37 percent of all apps are free with the average price $ 3.64
Do you have an iPad app idea in mind that you think can be a super success?
- We can develop it for you. Drop us an inquiry and our experts will get back to you within the next 24 hours.
Your app ideas are safe with us
- We are open to sign a Non-Disclosure Agreement under which your app ideas and the app stay as your copyright. Once the project is completed, we transfer the source code and graphics to you. You hold the exclusive rights to use the app as per your discretion.